Ever since I started my “clean eating” habit, I’ve been craving my favorite treat – muffins. To make sure my foods are “clean”, means I eat simple, whole food and stay away from any processed, artificial ingredients.
That basically eliminates any store-brought muffins that I use to get.
Thanks to Pinterest, I found this chocolate chip zucchini muffin recipe.
They are as “clean” as they come, and they are absolutely to die for. Overtime, I have modified the recipe to my personal preference.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
- 1 zucchini (medium size)
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat white flour
- ½ cup dairy, soy, and nut-free mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup raw sugar (Turbinado sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (plain or vanilla)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Coat a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg and mix in the coconut oil, apple sauce, vanilla extract, milk, and lemon juice.
- Add dry ingredients into the mixture one by one while mixing.
- Shred the zucchini and add to the batter.
- Mix well the ingredients and pour into the non-stick muffin tin 2/3 of the way.
- Baked in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
You can keep these muffins in the fridge for a few days, or you can freeze them. Every time you want to treat yourself, just pop one of those in the microwave for a couple of minutes.
The zucchini makes the muffin really moist, and the chocolate chips give a hint of sweetness without being too sweet. They are my go-to “clean” treat without feeling guilty.
I hope you enjoy these chocolate zuchini muffins as much as I do! Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Happy baking mamas!
More Articles From Mama Say What?!
- Your Taste of Heaven: Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark
- The Best Would You Rather Questions to Liven Up the Festive Holidays
- Discover the Best Way of Cutting a Watermelon (Like a Mama!)
- Here’s a Great Idea for a DIY Smart Phone Holder to Use in Your Car
Featured Image Credit: Shutterstock