I was browsing Pinterest the other day, and came across a very interesting pin.
It literally made my mouth water instantly, I couldn’t resist giving it a try!
The recipe is called Chocolate Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark and is really easy to follow. It takes about 20 minutes alltogether.
It only requires five ingredients, and you probably have all of them in your pantry or fridge already. If not, it’s totally worth a quick trip to the store.
How to Make Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark
The end result is heavenly delicious. It combines sweet and salty, with a bit of crunch from the pretzels.
Whether you are having a party or looking for a tasty treat, these will hit the spot!
- ½ bag of mini pretzel twists
- 1 bag of chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 sticks of butter (1 cup total)
- salt (sea salt or table salt)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Then line a large baking tray with aluminum foil and lay a single layer of pretzels down. Fit as many as you can without one on top of the other.
- Place the brown sugar and the butter in a small saucepan on medium heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Turn the heat to medium-high until the mixture is starting to bubble and becomes a thicker caramel texture.
- Remove from heat and pour the mixture evenly over the top of the pretzels (don’t worry if every single pretzel isn’t covered).
- Bake in the oven for five minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the chocolate chips over the top.
- (If you like your chocolate chips well-melted, you can put them back to the oven for another minute).
- Sprinkle the salt on top for a generous amount.
- Leave them to cool for a few minutes before popping them in the freezer for two-three hours.
- Take the out of the freezer and break them into bite-size chunks.
For the best result, eat right after they come out of the freezer as they are nice and crunchy. Left on the counter for too long, the coating will get softer and start to melt.
These Salted Caramel Pretzel Barks are one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten. It is so addicting.
I have to hide it from myself when I make them otherwise I will sit and eat the whole batch.
If you haven’t tried this recipe yet, you need to! It is so easy and only requires a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
Trust me, it is worth every second of the 20 minutes it takes to make. You will not be disappointed!
More Articles From Mama Say What?!
- Discover the Best Way of Cutting a Watermelon
- Here’s a Great Idea for a DIY Smart Phone Holder to Use in Your Car
Featured Image Credit: Shutterstock.