If you’re a nursing mama, you might wonder how to ensure you’ll have enough milk to feed your little one, especially during their growth spurts.
One tried, and true method is to eat lactation cookies. Yes, you heard me right – COOKIES!!!
These cookies are made of lots of milk production-promoting ingredients such as oatmeal, flaxseed, and brewer’s yeast. I got the original recipe from The Leaky [email protected]@b, but modified it over time.
If you are looking to give your milk supply a nice boost from these absolutely delicious lactation cookies, here is how you can make them.
Be aware, though. They are SO good that you might have to make plenty for the rest of the family…
Easy Lactation Cookies
Ingredients (make 24 cookies):
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tbsp flax seed
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp brewer’s yeast (if you use those in capsule form, crush 40 pills finely to make them into powder form)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven – 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Stir in the soft butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs, flax seeds and vanilla extract to the butter mixture. Mix well.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients oats, flour, baking soda, and brewer’s yeast to the wet mixture, one by one. Mixing after each addition until everything is well incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
- Scoop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and leave them to cool for 5 minutes; remove cookies
- Eat, pray, lactate!
The recipe makes two dozen cookies. I thought that was a lot for me. As it turned out, they disappeared very quickly in my house. The next time I will double it so there is plenty to go around the house.
You may alter this recipe depending on your personal preference. You could add nuts or raisins instead of the dried cranberries.
I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as I do, and it gives you a boost in milk supply. Feel free to share the recipe with your breastfeeding mama friends too!
More Articles From Mama Say What?!
- How You Can Make Your Own Super Easy DIY Shadow Box
- The Best Would You Rather Questions to Liven Up the Festive Holidays
- Discover the Best Way of Cutting a Watermelon (Like a Mama!)
- Your Taste of Heaven: Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark
Featured Image Credit: Shutterstock