Pork and slow cooking is a perfect match, add in some gravy, and you turn the taste up a notch.
I have had this recipe for years and made it so many times I can’t even remember who or where I got it. It exists on a simple handwritten recipe card that is well-worn.
Sometimes simple works the best, this is certainly not fancy, but the flavor is immense. I promise anyone you serve it to will be asking you for the recipe.
The best thing is, it is super easy and quick with only 5 ingredients, and perfect for the days when you want to throw something in the slow cooker and come home to a delicious meal.
I will also make a couple of optional suggestions for those of you who like to tinker.
How to Make Slow Cooker Pork Chops
So if you love your pork chops and gravy, you are welcome. This one will make its way into your regular meals without a doubt.
- 3-5 Boneless thick cut (1.5″) pork chops (8 oz / 225g each)
- 1 ½ cups (350ml) Chicken stock
- 1 can (10.75 oz / 305g) Condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 packet (2 oz / 55g) Dry onion soup mix
- 1 packet (0.85 oz / 25g) Dry pork gravy mix
- 2 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- Cornstarch for thickening
- Add the soup, chicken stock, onion soup mix, and gravy mix to the slow cooker and mix well.
- If using apple cider vinegar, that can also be mixed in.
- Add the pork chops making sure they are covered by the mix.
- Slow cook for 5-7 hours (7 hours will have the pork falling apart)
- Thicker Gravy: If you like your gravy a little thicker, add the cornstarch per the instructions on the box about 30 mins before the end of cooking.
Serve with your choice of potatoes and some vegetables. Mashed potatoes work so well with broccoli, collard greens, or in this case, acorn squash.
The delicious meal will be gone in seconds, and it’s perfect for adding to your meal plans as we head into fall and winter.
Featured Image Credit: Shutterstock.