If you want to stay healthy and in good shape, you got to work for it! Yes, it’s hard, but the results are phenomenal.
To make you motivated to eat clean, you need to fall in love with “clean eating.”
For those of you who aren’t familiar with the term, it’s eating little to no processed foods, alcohol, white flour, white sugar, and artificial sweeteners.
It’s eating a ton of fresh produce, egg whites, lean meat, rice, beans, and other “whole” foods.
Most things that come in a pretty package, such as granola bars, pretzels, cookies, pop-tarts, Oreos, and so on are off-limits. You can enjoy them moderately but not every day because it’s not good for your body in the long run.
If you’d like to try clean eating, check out a “Clean Eating Shopping List” for beginners here.
You can try this easy apple crispy recipe to start with your clean eating habits. Take it one day at a time and you’ll get into the habit of clean eating. It is challenging when there are a lot of temptations around you, but you must learn to discipline yourself. Think about your future self! Do you want to be healthy and have that good body?
If you try this one, you will love the result. This recipe was the inspiration but made some tweaks for you.
- 7-8 large apples (peeled and sliced)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats (quick cooking or 5 minute)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbs coconut oil
NOTES: You could use any combination of agave, maple syrup, honey or Stevia to fit your taste. Stevia is quite strong though, so less is more! Also, you could substitute olive oil for the coconut oil.
1. Peel and slice the apples and throw them in a bowl. Add some cinnamon and 1 tbs of maple syrup and mix them well.
2. Pour the apples into a greased casserole dish. You can use a pan if that works better for you.
3. In the same bowl, combine the remaining maple syrup, honey, lemon juice, flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and coconut oil. Remember to mix well!
4. Once mixed, you can spread the oat mixture over the apples.
5. Put it in the oven and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F. You can look at the top to see if it’s golden brown. When it’s golden brown, it’s ready!
This recipe makes around 6 servings. Your whole family can enjoy it straight from the oven. If you’re not really into the clean eating thing and are just an apple fan, you’d probably enjoy a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Either way, it’s a delicious fall treat! It’s easy to prepare and a crowd-pleaser for sure.
Featured Image Credit: Shutterstock