Mama Say What?! is the new name for Thrifty Guardian.
Looking for a review of InboxDollars? You’ve come to the right place! Today over my lunch hour I made $50! And now I’d like to show you how to do the same.
What Is Inbox Dollars?
InboxDollars was founded in 2000 by Daren Cotter and is based in Minnesota, just outside St. Paul. Mr. Cotter actually founded the company from his college dorm room and is still the company’s CEO today. There’s something fun about this, starting as a “side hustle” in Y2K and growing to what it is today!
The mission of InboxDollars is primarily to connect brands to consumers in a unique, fun, and productive way. In this regard, the consumers are actually YOU as an Inbox Dollars member. As you know, brands need people like you to try out new products, provide feedback via surveys, explore their targeted messaging by way of ads, and more. And of course it makes far more sense to use a third party like InboxDollars rather than re-inventing the wheel themselves every quarter.
How to Earn With InboxDollars
- The $5 sign-up bonus. Woo! $5 made in 30 seconds, we’re on the right track.
- Complete List #1 ($.50)
- Watch the How-To Video ($.15)
- Complete List #2 ($1 plus $ for e-mails and surveys done)
- Take the Interests, Household, General Profile, and Qualifications Surveys ($1.25)
- Go to the site via your phone and download whatever apps you can/want ($2.59 for me, varies depending on what you download)
InboxDollars Cash Offers
- Go to Cash Offers – here’s what the real money is. Look for 100% free offers. The Grow-Up Plan from Gerber will earn you $1; signing up for Bing Rewards (great in and of itself) earns you another $1.Others I chose:
- Publishers Clearing House – hey, a girl can dream about winning it big but in the mean time I’ll settle for $1
- Big Buck Survey – $2.25
- FlexShopper – $6!
- Swappable – This is one where you have to spend money to make money but it’s worth it. If you shop at The Gap or Old Navy, definitely choose one of those cards as you can save even more than I did. I chose the $50 BP card because, goodness knows we always need gas. So I got $5 towards my first purchase, plus $6 from InboxDollars for making the purchase, plus .$50 for using credit cards to make the purchase. So here I basically got $50 in gas for only $39.50!
- Discover Card – I like Discover and the rewards on this card are decent, so if you’re in the market for a new credit card, this is definitely worth applying for. $20 for approved users. Just make sure you stay thrifty and only put on there what you can pay off when the bill comes!
- Nielsen Online – $5
- Spin and Win – at least you get something for failing to qualify for those surveys. Won a whole $.60 from this!
- Paid E-mails – set your preferences so that you don’t get these to your actual e-mail. Click through via the site and earn $.02 per click.
- Grocery coupons – I do most of my shopping online, but these are still worth looking into to. Just make sure the savings is worth the cost of printing.
- Searches – If you’re not using Bing (or even if you are), use the ID search every once in a while. You’ll win cash or sweeps every time you complete 4 searches and you can earn a $.05 bonus each week you search four or more days.
- Donations – InboxDollars will often offer great rewards for donating to a not-for-profit. These change regularly, so check to see if your favorite is there!
Do I Have to Pay to Sign Up With InboxDollars?
Nope, not at all! The surveys, search function, games, prize codes, and their PaidEmails are always free. They provide additional incentives that occasionally come at a cost, but these are completely optional and in no way prevent you from earning cash otherwise.
Is InboxDollars legit?
It most definitely is! It won’t necessarily make you rich and you can’t bank $50 for every hour you spend on it. But you can bank $50+ and continue to earn pennies here and there at your leisure. I decided to cash out shortly before the end of the year and then start fresh to see just how much I can make in one year with minimal effort.
In the meantime, get to InboxDollars and let me know how much you make over your lunch hour today!
More From Mama Say What?!
Featured Image Credit: Shutterstock / fizkes