How to Make Delicious and Healthy Turkey Meatballs
MAMA SAY WHAT?!
A little while ago when I began my healthy eating jouney, I made these excellent meatballs a few times.
They’re got a huge amount of protein in them without comprising too much on the fat content.
As a bonus, there are some hidden vegetables and they’re also baked – so no cooking oil.
I tend to eat a few as soon as they’re cook and will put the rest in the freezer.
Turkey Meatballs Recipe
– 1 zucchini (medium size)
– 1 ½ cups whole wheat white flour
– ½ cup dairy, soy, and nut-free mini chocolate chips
– ½ cup raw sugar (Turbinado sugar)
– 1 egg
– 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
– 1 lb ground turkey (you could use chicken too, but I’ve only tried it with turkey)
– 2 egg whites
– 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
– 1/4 tsp ground cumin
– 1/4 tsp dried thyme
– 1 tsp dry yellow mustard
– 1/2 tsp black pepper
– A dash of cayenne pepper
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 tbsp garlic powder
– 1/2 small onion (finely chopped)
– 2 celery stalks (finely chopped)
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Put all of the ingredients into a bowl, roll-up your sleeves and mix well. I wouldn’t try this with a powered mixer.
Swipe up now to read the full post!